Monday 19 March 2018

Oscar, Patrick and Tommy

The 17th Academy Awards were held on 17th March 1945 and the film Going My Way won 7 of the Oscars.
As this is a movie I have never seen before I ordered a copy to watch on Thursday evening.
G had to go and collect S from youth club and so missed out on watching about 30 minutes of it. For once I wished it had been my turn to do the collecting so I could have missed some of it instead.
Definitely one I won't be watching again.


This is what we got up to on Friday for Panda day and then Saturday I was in the kitchen for St Patrick's Day.
Ages ago I saw a recipe in a free magazine for a cake made with Guinness and I thought I had torn it out and kept it safe but I couldn't find it so I went with Delia instead.
What is it with me and cake toppings?
I think I get so pleased when the cake looks vaguely like it should that I just don't concentrate on getting the measurements correct when whipping up the topping ingredients. It was a bit runnier than it needed to be, but it was flavoured with Baileys so really any consistency was acceptable.
Never mind, it tasted good enough.



Snowy Sunday saw us going into town and brings us to Monday 19th March and the birthday of Tommy Cooper.
He only had to appear on the screen and my dad would be laughing.
And so in tribute to Mr Cooper we hope that by donning his trademark head gear we can generate some laughter too.





7 comments:

  1. ooh yes, that cake looks good!
    Love the smiley people in hats pics! jusslikethat! xx

    p.s thanks for the info RE hot dog day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Fezses X love S being called Vanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a Nuns run boarding school in the 50's and we were shown that film. I can hear Bing Crosby signing 'The Bells of St Marys' even now. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like me to send the movie on to you to watch ad enjoy again then leave a comment with your address, I won't publish it, and I'll happily send it off to you.
      Lisa x

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of that film but I think I'll give it a miss after your comments. My dad was a huge Tommy Cooper fan too, it was such a shock when he died so suddenly. My dad loved Ken Dodd too, another one who's sadly no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoyed Tommy Cooper, I love the photographs of you three.

    All the best Jan

    PS Never mind about the cake, I'm sure it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool (sorry, couldn't resist!) . Love this. I always liked Tommy Cooper

    ReplyDelete