Monday 25 June 2018

Other Stuff

G has been bitten by the wood construction bug.
I showed him a picture on Pinterest of a wooden pallet converted into a planter and within an hour he had created one from a pallet we had in the garden.

Can you see the sink?
Our bathroom is slowly being decorated and updated and we saved the old sink to use as a mini pond in the garden.



From old bits of pieces of fencing a neighbour was chucking out G has made this little shelter for his bike. The long stick on the left was bought back home by T years ago after we all went out for a walk and it's lovely it's been incorporated in the design.


There is another new fence.
This one is 3 quarters of the way down the garden and is screening bottom section of the garden.
We have two of these garden storage boxes, which you can make out through the slats in the fence, but this forms a nicer barrier between the grassed and graveled parts of the garden.



It's not just the back garden G has been busy, he has also built a fence along the wall in the front garden to corral all our bins together.



So as you can see we've been busy at home, but there has still been the odd jaunt out.

Love the original art work used to advertise a church fete we popped along.
Reminiscent of the old railway posters.


We had a lovely walk to the church and came home with two jigsaws




Two books read, both which has been on my bookshelf for the longest time. I've never read a Mavis Cheek book which I didn't enjoy.



This one of Katie Fforde's was more enjoyable than the last couple of her I've read and I think it may be because it's not such a recent publication.


A £1.00 sale rail at a charity shop turned up trumps for me with this top which will be perfect for work come the cooler weather. It's sheer so will need a t-shirt underneath and so will we good for layering.


S and I went to Cambridge for her annual eye check up. All is well.
We got caught up in severe delays from Waterloo on the way home and didn't get in until 11.45 which made for a very long day indeed.



G was working until 10pm on the longest day. 
We lit candles, sipped Bailey's and gazed at the stars.




On Saturday we went to Eastleigh Unwrapped. We've been going to this free arts festival for a few years now and it's always a great day out.
Our highlight this year was the Happy Feet show of 100 dances in 100 minutes.
Participation was entirely necessary when you had Elvis leading the conga!


Not the best photo as G took it from a distance but here are S and me doing the macarena.


A new addition to my dresser is this jug I bought whilst we were out on Saturday.
It has an Emma Bridgewater look to it and looks fab with my EB heart cup and saucer, but there aren't any markings on the bottom so I have no idea where it originally came from.


8 comments:

  1. Your planter is lovely, he did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new jug. Good on G, would love my other half to do something with our bins xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can send G round here when he's finished with your garden, I could do with some sort of bin station making for my dustbins. I like the planter too, that'll look great with flowers blooming in it. Good news about S, I'm glad all went well, apart from the train delays. I love your new jug, that's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pinterest you can find so many good ideas on there can't you Lisa.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new jug, it looks very pretty.

    I recently read and enjoyed a Katie Fforde book … sometimes it's just so nice to sit down with a book.

    Pleased to read that all went well for S and her eye appointment.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, soooooo many good ideas with the pallets! I've got a friend that planted her mint in an old sink and it is so happy in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. In the garden ! It sounds like you are doing some fun things too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pallet recycling G has been doing! Lovely to have a little sink pond too - I'll look forward to seeing who moves in!

    ReplyDelete