Wednesday 1 August 2018

Malcolm


Last week we had to say goodbye to our beloved Malcolm.
He wasn't at all well during Sunday night and G took him to the vets first thing Monday morning.
He had blood tests. They thought it may be his thyroid but that came back all clear.
Could be the start of an infection they said.
They also mentioned a possible issue with his heart.
He had a injection.
He was not himself Monday or Tuesday.
Wednesday he seemed a little better and ate breakfast which something more like his usual enthusiasm for food.
But Thursday he took a turn for the worse and we needed an emergency appointment at the vets.
S decided she wanted to come with me and I prepared her as best I could for what was likely to happen. She was incredibly brave.
I held Malcolm close and talked to him as he went to asleep and we were given a few minutes alone with him afterwards.
Loving them as much as we do we make that decision because we can't let them suffer and that's the thing you have to keep reminding yourself when you are missing them so very much.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how sad, very brave of S to come with you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh how sad Lisa and how brave of S. It's always sad when we have to say goodbye to one of our closest friends and that's how I view our little furry pawed friends. I am dreading when that day comes and our old boy Monty will be 11 next year. Some Cavaliers live to a ripe old age and for the most part he still thinks he's two rather 10 but for however much longer we have him we will treasure every day with him and the other three boys. Goodnight god bless to Malcolm.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to read this Lisa.
    My thoughts are with you all - not easy to say goodbye - but it was the right choice.
    God bless.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss. Poor Malcolm. You did the right thing though- he would be suffering otherwise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Lisa. Malcolm was a fine looking cat. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very sorry to read this :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try and remember it's the last time we can show how much we love them. It broke my heart when I had Patch put to sleep but although one of the hardest things I have ever done it is was of the best things for her. Sending a huge hug for you all. x

    ReplyDelete