Monday 10 September 2018

1st-9th September

This week I have been 

Reading - a Lidl magazine which was posted through the door. Liking the look of these cookie based bats for Halloween.



Cooking - a couple of new things. This turkey chilli was a huge hit and will definitely be made again. G has joined Slimming World and has lost 5lb in his first week. I'm in the process of working out weekly menu plans.

Feeling - proud and anxious on S's first day of the new academic year.


That first morning S was up before me and had a big smile on her face.
She wasn't quite as happy to be called out of bed the rest of the week!
Due to the problems she has had over the past year I was feeling more than a little anxious as the week progressed but I'm thrilled to say all went well.

Drinking - tea from my new teapot and cup.
T rang me on his way home from work. He is back working for a charity and is busy driving to different shops covering for staff holidays in other local branches.
He said he had bought me something he thought I would like. 
'I think you'll like it, it's a bit odd, but I think it's your kind of thing,' he said.
I like it very much and was really very touched that he thought of buying it for me.


Wondering - if it's too early to add the pumpkins to the mantle along with the toadstools.



Loving - my bargain Emma Bridgewater bat mug. Found in a local sale for 50p.


Watching - Strictly Come Dancing to see who got paired up with who and how they all performed in that first team dance. 

Visiting - a windmill for Open Heritage weekend.


This windmill is just a 5 minute drive away from us and yet we've never taken S here. When we got there they were conducting tours but we had just missed the start of one so we wandered off to a stroll in the woods. When we got back the sails were turning and the tours had ended so we sat and enjoyed watching the windmill in motion whilst sipping hot chocolate.

Enjoying - crossing a couple of jobs off the long to do list. I painted the skirting board in the bathroom so now we are one step closer to getting the flooring down and having a room finished. Such a good feeling.

4 comments:

  1. That bat mug is great - I'm going to look out for one of those, hehe! A lovely gift from T and I'm glad to hear school has gone well for S.

    Thank you for all the comment the other day and for your congratulations! I will share some photos when I have them, still not got around to sorting out my photos from Cornwall yet either. I don't know where I found time for work before the summer, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to G, that's a great result for his first week. Goodness me, how grown up does S look? She's turning in to a beautiful young lady before our very eyes. Glad her return to school went well. Your bat mug was a bargain, very lucky to stumble upon that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turkey chilli looks and sounds amazing.
    Well done to G on his weight loss.
    Your back to school picture is lovely … all of our grandchildren went back to school quite happily having enjoyed a great summer break.

    I'm looking forward to this Autumn season, it's such a lovely time of year.

    Take care, my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, Turkey Chill sounds nice (Chirlkey?)
    Glad that S's first day and week was fine and that your anxieties are somewhat abated. A shame about the windmill tour but still how lovely to sit there and drink your hot choccie! Well done to G for his weightloss!!x

    ReplyDelete