Monday 22 October 2018

15th - 21st October

This week I have been

Wearing - a little blue combo of a crown patterned top and a bunting strewn cardigan after the pregnancy of the Duchess of Sussex was announced.


Feeling - a little blue at times too. Wednesday was the birthday of T's brother L who passed away a couple of years ago. When the children were little this would have meant a day trip to London for us all to catch up. Now being older and mobile T drove himself up to Norwich, staying for two nights to see his birth siblings and spend time with them.


Trying - not to succumb to the temptation of snuffling a cake (or two) on Chocolate Cupcake day and so deciding to go down the brooch route instead.



Grateful for - the comments left on my last post which contained messages hoping we were all over our various bugs. Much appreciated.

Watching - The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. G and I have watched 3 episodes of this so far and we are hooked. It's written by the creators of The Gilmore Girls and I loved that long series so it's really no surprise we are enjoying this one.
Rocky adores Graham and ignores me most of the time, but whilst we were watching this TV show last night it seems my lap was the spot he preferred. Look at the size of his feet!



Eating -  steak and chips. Can't remember the last time I ate steak. We are lucky enough to work near some fab bars and restaurants and so a little gathering was organised for after work midweek. What a treat. 

Loving -  this late Autumn sunshine. To make the most of it the 3 of us took ourselves out for a walk on Saturday.
We took the train to Shawford and then walked the 3 miles along the Itchen Navigation trail into Winchester.


Over the years we had done various sections of this trail, which takes you past some beautiful river views, 


and this time we also took in St Catherine's hill. A walk up the hill is on the agenda for another day.


Hoping -  for a little colour in the front garden come the colder months after I potted up this colander and a terracotta planter with winter pansies. 


4 comments:

  1. Love your outfit for the Royal news and the potted up colander is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so pleased when they announced that Meghan was expecting, and I love your outfit.

    That looks a lovely trail to walk on, I enjoyed seeing your photographs, the weather recently has been so very nice - great Autumn sunshine.

    I do like the look of your potted up colander, should be a nice lot of colour with the winter pansies.

    Enjoy the last weekend of October, nice to think we have an extra hour in bed! I love it when we change our clocks in the Autumn! LOL!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. steak and chips and big cats feet! A perfect week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the same bunting cardi as I do- I got it from a charity shop in Ipswich for £1!!! That's a lovely way to celebrate the baby (and Princess Eugenie getting married!?)
    Sorry to hear you are feeling blue about T's Brother's birthday and the sad memories that it brings and I guess, him not being so young.
    Your cat is gorgeous!!! What a handsome boy!!
    I look forward to seeing your pansies when they flower.

    xx

    ReplyDelete