Monday 29 October 2018

22nd - 28th October

This week I have been

Dancing - to the Bay City Rollers.
Well these days the only original Roller in the band is lead singer Les McKeown.
I went to see them on S A T U R D A Y night (if you know their songs you'll know why I spelled it that way!) with my sisters, it was part of their birthday gift to me.
I had an amazing time.
To be dancing away to all my favourite songs whilst Les McKeown was on stage singing them was just the best.
I was lucky enough to find this fabulous transfer on E-bay which made just the most perfect t-shirt.


Making - a new necklace. This was an illustration from the front of a vintage sewing pattern. I just love her hairstyle.


Wearing - it was Pumpkin Day on Friday and so there was only one choice of brooch.



Eating - to carry on with the pumpkin theme I made us pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. S wasn't keen but G and I enjoyed ours with yogurt, fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup. Delicious and really filling.


Reading - a Christmas book. Saturday afternoon I was in the mood for something festive. I had a few books on my shelf to choose from and went for this one as it looked like a short read. It certainly was as I finished it on Sunday afternoon. By this time I had been out and bought myself another new Christmas mug, it was only 50p from a charity shop so how could I have resisted?



Watching - The Bishop's Wife. It was Elsa Lanchester's birthday on 28th October which provided us with the perfect opportunity for another viewing of this superb movie.


Celebrating - my sister's birthday on 24th. She knew about two of the items of clothing as she had chosen those herself but everything else was a surprise. As you probably remember we spend £10 and all items must come from a car boot or charity shop.
All of these items come to £9.97 in total.
The mug, Gisela Graham mini heart dish and the cupcake decoration were all £1 each. The coaster, cushion cover and paper decorations were 50p each.


This long length grey and pink cardi which originally came from New Look was £1 and was one of the things C has picked out.


The hand made top on the left was one of my favourite buys for her, it reminded me of a gingerbread house! This was £1.
The plain grey jumper was the second item she had chosen and was 50p.
The red glass dish was 50p.


The snowflake jumper was £1, the book was 10p, the jug was 50p and the white deer brooch was new and 87p.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great night when you went to see the Bay City Rollers, it sounds like a fun night with your sisters. I love the necklace, that's so pretty. Your sister did well again with her haul of gifts, you manage to make that tenner go so far. I really like that snowflake jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that snowflake jumper looks so lovely, what a great purchase.
    Love your pumpkin brooch too.

    Isn't so nice to sit down with a book and a cuppa, love the look of the Mrs. mug.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, and Happy November Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never really into Bay City Rollers but remember them on Top of the Pops, glad you had a fab evening .
    Lovely goodies, sweet little jug x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Bay City Rollers live on the TV show Supersonic back in the 1970's!!! Bye Bye Baby was one of my favourites! Love the gifts you bought your sister. I think I need to move to Southampton to get such bargains. The pumpkin pancakes sound lovely especially with the maple syrup. Have a great weekend Lisa. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, glad you enjoyed your concert. Good call with the transfer! I am always so impressed with what you get your sister for presents! They are lovely items! I would like to try your pumpkin pancakes!

    ReplyDelete