Monday 12 June 2017

Summer Lovin'

.... had me a blast
Summer Loving happened so fast
I met a girl crazy for me
Met a boy cute as can be
Summer days drifting away to oh oh the summer nights.......

*****I love the movie Grease*****

That song was going round and round my head for ages after I had wrapped up this birthday gift for a friend recently.
The photos don't have anything to do with the words on this post, but they are all so bright and cheery I had to use them.


So what is this post about then if not love and lollies?
It's one of those I need to do every so often in order to record a couple of things which have happened and affect our family.
First up is a change to my work pattern. A month or so ago I increased the number of days I work from 3 to 4. It may not sound like a big deal but I spent ages wondering whether or not I should, we had a change 2 months ago in G's job when he began working shifts once again and as someone who likes structure and routine I wasn't sure about another change so soon.

It was the Easter holidays which had set me off thinking. 
It really came home to me how much more independent S has become and although over the past couple of school holidays I haven't been needed so much this one really showed me how much less.
All this happened to coincide with my place of work looking to recruit a new member of staff and so I asked, if it fitted in with their requirements, would they consider giving me an extra day.
Although in an ideal world I would have liked to have started working that extra day after the school summer break when they agreed to my request I considered myself lucky that I had been given the opportunity more or less as I needed it.
One day less at home means I need to try and be more organised with all the things I do at home and extras like when to do the shopping, especially as like I've already said, G is on a new shift pattern and that's got to be taken into consideration too.


As a consequence I have been feeling a bit more tired by the end of each week. Would you believe the first week I did the extra hours I overslept on the Saturday morning and missed an appointment at my hairdressers.
I was so embarrassed!

Then last week something happened with S which was emotionally tiring.
I don't mean to sound deliberately cryptic.
She is absolutely fine. We are all fine.
It's just a personal matter, an issue around adoption and as such it's not something suitable for discussion here.
As I've said before, this blog is my on-line diary and so I need to use it to record all the things which happen to us as a family.

We had a fairly quiet weekend.
T worked and was in and out in between, S had a sleepover and on Saturday evening we had friends over for wine and pizza. Sometimes low key, moochy weekends are exactly what's needed.


6 comments:

  1. I am glad you got some hours as you needed them but I.hope you won't be too exhausted. Also sorry to hear about the emotionally tiring happening. I hope that whatever it is is/will be fine. The Lilly paper is brilliant!!
    Oh yes, the shirt is lovely. I wore it last Tuesday and I have photos but haven't posted them yet! I think it must be a man's shirt as the buttons are on the other side and the fitting is different, but consequently, very comfy!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the extra day at work is working well for you and that you can still fit everything in that you need to do at home too. Hope S is okay and that whatever happened is now all sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big decision to take but sounds like you gave it careful consideration. I hope s is ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa
    I too now have those words going around my head, I've always enjoyed the music from Grease!

    Life so often changes and evolves when we least expect it to, and an opportunity comes along like it has just done so for you. I'm sure that once you get into a slightly different routine all will be well, and it will work out fine.

    I sincerely hope that whatever happened with S is now all sorted.

    Can you believe that's it Friday tomorrow! Our weather has been good and I really hopes it lasts until the weekend ... time will tell.

    Enjoy your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely Birthday gift for your friend Lisa! When I returned to work after an 18 year break recently it knocked me for six! I work Mon-Fri from 7.30am - 1.30pm. I thought I would have the afternoons free to do as I pleased but I am too shattered to do anything else but fall asleep! I am hoping that things will improve and I will get my life back again. I am hoping that things are sorted with S now and that you are finding time for yourself outside all of your responsibilities. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, I hope you are well! thanks for all the comments! I look forward to reading more soon!x

    ReplyDelete