Friday 2 June 2017

Sparrow's Breakfast

I love our two cats, Melvin and Malcolm.
They each have their own lovable personality, they provide us with lots of entertainment as we watch them madly dash around the house when they play chase with each other and it's probably because of them we don't often have birds in our garden.
Which is why when on Sunday morning and we saw some sparrows repeatedly flying in and out of our garden I got very excited.
It was this rambling honeysuckle they were attracted to.


I went inside and grabbed my camera, moved the garden chair closer to where they were going and sat and waited. It wasn't long before they flew back.





They were nibbling away at the cuckoo spit (at least I think that's what it's called) which had formed behind the heads of the honeysuckle flowers. They were flitting around so quickly it was hard to catch them at it and this was the closest I got.



Not quite as easy on the eye as the birds but this snail seemed content enough to explore G's hand.
 I'm sure he was much happier than the one I found next to him on the grass which I managed to stand on as I was pegging out the washing!




4 comments:

  1. The birds are certainly nicer to look at than snails. I could watch the birds for hours, we get loads in our garden, all different types, but they stayed away when we had our cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo's of the honeysuckle and the sparrows - they do have such good colouring don't they.

    Like the snail too.

    ... yes, we were down your way earlier this week! The first photograph on my blog post was Lymington and you were only in Brockenhurst - so close!

    Happy June Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor snail. Lovely that you got to enjoy the sparrows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great photos! I feel sorry for the many snails that get squashed post rain!

    ReplyDelete