Tuesday 12 June 2018

Roses are Red

For Red Rose Day I thought we should indulge in a little bit of culture and try our hand at penning some poetry.

Our starting point was the classic  
Roses are red
Violets are blue

We came up with a long list of words which rhymed with blue and then we worked our way down the list, each of us wrote a poem using each word in turn and then we took it in turns to read them out, with much giggling.

S's anti-Valentine poem!



G's poo effort!


I was boring and stuck to the more traditional line.
And you may also spot the red rose brooch I wore to work today.




3 comments:

  1. LOL! Giggling from me too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the speech bubbles! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, these are brilliant and I like these creative interpretations!
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Your birthday challenges
    are such fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete