Monday 17 September 2018

10th - 16th September

This past week I have been

Listening - to the cricket and hearing Alistair Cook's final innings for England. The test series between England and India this summer made for such thrilling listening and it was made all the more entertaining by the sensational TMS team.

Wearing - a new to me blouse. Bought at the car boot for £1.00 this pretty lightweight long sleeve blouse is perfect for layering on these not quite summer, not quite autumn days.




Spending - a CK voucher I was given for my birthday last year. Can't believe this stayed unspent for so long when there are so many things I love in that shop. But then maybe that's the reason, just what to spend it on when there is so much I'd like. I finally plumped for this sailing boat bag.
Loving the look of disdain on Rocky's face as I use him to model it for me!


Going -  on a night away to Weymouth. This little trip was part of my birthday gift from G. 
G had booked us into a lovely Air BnB property which was a 10 minute stroll from the centre of town. 
As we walked along the front we looked at all the hotels and BnBs on offer. Some places looked very unappealing, dead flowers in plant pots and plastic woodland creatures stuck to walls were two of the things which did not enhance the kerb appeal and then others had little touches like this bunting hanging over threshold and it just made the world of difference.



Feeling - nostalgic for holidays of my childhood when we came across this row of holiday chalets. Love the very CK colours they have been painted in.




Eating - ice cream from Rossi's. I chose the natural flavour whilst G went for the peppermint and chocolate chip. So light and creamy. Delish.

Cooking - on Thursday I cooked a chicken curry using coconut yogurt for the sauce instead of coconut milk and as both G and S liked it that's one new recipe which will find it's place in the new weekly menu. G has lost another 5lb this week and there are many more new recipes still to try.


Walking - around Weymouth trying to see as much as possible during our weekend stay. The area around the harbour was very picturesque.



Hoping - the car was going to pass it's MOT but knowing that it was quite unlikely.
We will now be on the look out for a new one.


Reading - Five Quarters of the Orange. Another Joanne Harris book which did not disappoint. I wasn't sure I was going to like this one but in the end I couldn't put it down and so having lots of train travelling time was a real help.

5 comments:

  1. Weymouth looks lovely, you got the weather for it too, glad you had a good time. Oh no, I feel your pain re the car, that is bad news. Well done to G, he's doing so well, he's got off to a flying start. Awww, love the photo of Rocky, and your new bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weymouth looks pretty, I haven't visited yet. Lovely newsy post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My car was in the same boat not long ago. I didn't even go for MOT - it was 15 years old with 124000 miles on the clock. I'd had it for 13 years and done all but 7000 of those miles so I was not keen to get rid of it (I actually cried driving it over to the salvage yard on its final journey!) but it had reached the age where it was no longer worth spending money on repairs sadly.

    Glad you had a good time in Weymouth. I love Airbnb for finding places to stay, I always look there first now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, it was like comment Christmas when I went into my email earlier and saw all your comments- thank you!! Your butterfly blouse is delightful! I really like it very much!!!!! It looks very nice with the delicate butterfly necklace.
    I very much like your choice of CK purchase- the boat print is very jolly- they had some gorgeous pieces in the Summer!
    We had to get a new car in April because CBC's car failed its MOT on 10 fronts! His was from 2004. It was a shame- we were very fond of our Ford Focus. We got another one but a newer one!
    Glad you enjoyed Weymouth. AirBnB is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see all your news here.
    Love your new blouse and the bag … had to laugh at Rocky!

    You were fortunate with the weather in Weymouth, the area around the harbour does look picturesque.

    Well done to G on the weight loss …

    Enjoy the rest of the week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete