Monday 24 September 2018

17th - 23rd September

This week I have been 

Listening -  to Second Thoughts on Radio 4 extra as I walk to and from work. I loved the series which ITV made although I have no recollection of the series Faith in the Future which followed on from it. 

Cooking - more new recipes. The syn free carbonara was a hit with all of us.
Yes I can confirm the rare occurrence of us all eating and enjoying the same meal did happen once this week.
On Thursday I cooked Chinese lemon chicken and left Asian BBQ chicken marinading in the fridge on Friday morning for G to cook for him and S. You can tell he dished up this meal, look at the amount of chicken on his plate!
Both were given the thumbs up and will definitely appear on the new menus. All can be found on the slimming eats website which I thoroughly recommend.



Thinking - about organising a family outing just before Christmas to see the new Mary Poppins movie. I love Mary Poppins and am so excited about seeing the new movie. 


Wearing - lots more scarves this week due to the change in the weather. Plus the one which was called into action to help us with our latest sleeveface creation for country music day last Monday.



Feeling - so pleased for working my way through a huge to do list this weekend. With G working, the weather being rubbish and S full of cold and staying in her PJs I had no choice but to be indoors and so used the time to get lots of little bits and pieces done.

Watching - the return of Strictly. I'm ready for this year's competition to commence and once again become immersed in all the glitter and sequins.

8 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks delicious. Mary Poppins is one of my favourite films, I'm a bit in two minds about the new film, I hope it doesn't spoil the original but at least it's a new story and not a remake. I'm sure I will watch it. I really enjoyed Strictly on Saturday, though I don't have a favourite yet, they were all very good, except Susannah, lol. Well done on getting all your jobs done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice to have something to watch again on a Saturday night xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is certainly a lot of chicken on that plate! Merle Haggard really suits your scarf Lisa! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watched Strictly too, I quite like the autumn Saturday evening routine, it gets us off the computers for a bit!

    Would you believe, I've never seen Mary Poppins?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Lisa.

    I too really enjoyed Strictly last Saturday, I'm so pleased it's back on. Can't say I have a favourite yet … looking forward to seeing how the pairings progress.

    Hope your week is going well

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken meal does look tasty. Glad you all ate some of the same,meals. I have watched Strictly on catch up and enjoyed it. I like that sweet boy Joe Suggs. Nice to see a Youtuber actually do something that demands skill. I'd like to see Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your album cover pics always make me smile, you line it up so perfectly! I am loving strictly. I was irritated by the 'celeb' list this year, but actually, I think it's pretty good now I've seen them all. None of them annoy me as much as one of last years celebs, so that's good! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I didn't know there was a new Mary Poppins film. I'm surprised they got permission as PL Travers was so strict about the origional.
    Loving Strictly again. Love your photo !

    ReplyDelete