Monday 15 October 2018

24th September - 14th October

I've not been around much as things have been busy plus S was off school for one day not well, G had a birthday and then I managed to catch a bug which had been doing the rounds at work.

So from the past few weeks I have been 

Wearing - brooches to go along with the theme of the day. 
There was the Coca-Cola can for Crush a Can Day


and this strawberry for Strawberry Cream Pie Day.


Reading - the next book from the Maisie Dobbs series. This is the one I have enjoyed least so far. I have the next couple on my book shelf and the later ones are on my Christmas wish list. G is aware!


Enjoying - messing about with a fake felt beard for Lumberjack Day
My mum and sisters were coming over and so I asked them to wear their best check shirt and we each had our photo taken whilst modelling the beard.
A few days before hand it had been Elephant Appreciation Day so we went out in the garden and played the Elephant Game. 



Watching - talented people at the theatre. My birthday present to my friend T was tickets to see Women In Power. It's a new production, a collaboration by some very well known women and we were thoroughly entertained by the fabulous cast who acted, sung, played instruments and danced non stop for 90 minutes. 
The second trip was with G and some friends to see Austentatious. Each night the performance is different as each performance is improvised by the cast. They had us in stitches and I would thoroughly recommend going to see them if you ever get the chance.

Loving - that Rocky is settling in so well and finding his own favourite places. This was where he liked to settle down a few weeks ago. Lately he has made the top of the freezer his own, he likes to keep and eye on us and he is quite close to where we store his food!


Buying - little china treats from TK Maxx. I went in to look at the Halloween offerings and was very restrained and just bought one little bowl. 
Just the right size for chocolate based treats.
I was unable to resist adding to my mug collection with this slightly wibbly wobbly one. With the stars and Joy decoration it does have a festive flavour but, I will admit now that it hasn't been stashed away to be used later, it's been used daily since purchase as a little Joy everyday is a good thing I think.


Doing - a jigsaw. I found this one whilst having a tidy up. I think it was one of G's stocking filler gifts.
It's made up of 250 pieces and so G and I raced through it in no time at all and it's now sat in a bag ready for the charity shop.
The theme is sweets from the 1970s and although there were lots of things we recognised there were also quite a few we didn't.


Visiting - an exhibition named We March On all about the history of Southampton Football Club. I'm not footie fan but I still found it all very interesting. The Saints are G' team and so we went to see this on his birthday.

Wondering - if this is really what I look like? To mark World Egg Day a plan was hatched(!) between me and my colleagues that we would each decorate an egg in our likeness. Due to being unwell last week I completely forgot about it until a colleague sent me a picture of hers the night before we were due to take them in. I was feeling tired and not at all in the crafting mood but felt like I should make the effort. I'm glad I did, we all had a giggle and it made our Friday a quite eggscellent day.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better, such a lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about all your illnesses, all the winter viruses are starting to appear now. What an eggcellent self portrait xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are all well now. I love the egg idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have been poorly Lisa I do hope you are on the mend now.

    Mitzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often think that's the down-side to this time of year …
    The bugs and viruses start to appear YUCK!
    Do hope you are now feeling much, much better.

    I enjoyed reading through your post, seeing your photographs and catching up on the news.
    I thought that egg idea was eggscellent :)

    It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the weeks (and months) go by.

    Take care, my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear you have been unwell. I have had laryngitis this whole half term as a result of a bad cold at the start of term
    I STILL need to check if I have that Maisie Dobbs or not!?? Sorry, I keep forgetting!
    Your egg made me giggle!
    I love that jigsaw- i really like old packaging!!!
    TK Maxx is so good for chinaware !x

    ReplyDelete