Wednesday 6 December 2017

Shoes, Snow and Santa

Monday was one of the most straightforward days yet.
Wear Brown Shoes Day meant just that.
I had a really lovely day out Christmas shopping with my mum and sisters and these comfy brown flat lace ups were perfect for that excursion.



Tuesday 5th December was the birthday of Christina Rosetti. I don't know much about her other than she wrote the words of the carol In the Bleak Midwinter. I have to say I find the tune of that particular song a bit of a dirge. 
The first verse mentions snow and as it is now December and I am working my way through my stash of festive jewellery I went for the snowflakes earrings and this jolly snowman who looks just the opposite of bleak!


Today is St Nicholas Day and so it was time to change over from using my normal dotty keyring and thread the keys onto this jolly Santa one instead. Little festive touches like him make me happy.



4 comments:

  1. It's so important to have comfortable footwear when shopping, nice to spend time with your mum and sisters.

    I do like the snowflakes earrings and the jolly snowman, they go well together.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are definitely more uplifting carols that In The Bleak Midwinter. Love your little snowman brooch and the Santa keyring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jolly Santa key ring! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your festive jewellery is lovely by the way!

    ReplyDelete