Saturday 2 December 2017

The End Of November

Monday was Lancashire day and I took the opportunity to bake something I have been wanting to attempt making again.
When I made parkin the first time my darling husband, to whom I wasn't as yet married, christened this rope cake because he said that's what the texture was like.
Cheeky boy.
I took the recipe from here and I must admit it was more of a success.
I'm sure I have a recipe where the parkin is made with a combination of golden syrup and treacle as with just treacle it did taste very rich.



Tuesday 28th was the birthday of Saints legend Mick Channon and so I wore my red and white striped cardigan as these are the colours of the Southampton strip.
Although a work colleague did comment on how festive I looked and I realised this would be the ideal thing to wear on Candy Cane day later this month.



I went for a clothing related item on Wednesday for the birthday of CS Lewis. I loved the Narnia books as a child and as an adult I have also enjoyed the movies. I love the costumes the girls wear and so I took a bit of inspiration from Lucy and wore this dark green cardi and floral dress.
You can see them hung on the front of my wardrobe.


Here is a closer look at the floral pattern. I bought this handmade dress at a vintage shop in Bristol last weekend for £1.00.
Yes we've been away and I have a whole post to do about our little trip.


Thursday was St Andrews Day and if there is one thing I love about Scotland then it's the shortbread!
This recipe from the Co-op was just begging to be attempted. We layered the toffee and the chocolate rather than just drizzling and the addition of the popcorn is genius.


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love parkin, but I always thought it originated in Yorkshire rather than Lancashire, I may be wrong. How lovely to bring back a souvenir from Bristol, the fabric of your dress is so pretty. The Co-op recipe looks delicious and I think your version looks much better than theirs with the toffee and chocolate layered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your outfit inspiration! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress fabric and pattern looks very nice ...
    Look forward to reading more about your Bristol trip soon ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete