Monday 30 January 2017

Write Off


(photo taken on the way home from work last Friday)

Last week was a bit of a write off.
G had a cold which he then ever so kindly went on and shared with me.
When not at work or doing the barest of bare minimum around the home I was tucked up in bed either shivering, desperately trying to get warm or kicking the duvet off because I was far too hot.
I also slept quite a bit.
And I got a bit fed up with it all.
Having a cold feels like such a waste of time because it is only a cold but goodness me it can be so completely energy sapping.

Last Sunday, the day before the cold really took hold, I had invited my mum and sister came over for a roast dinner.
When I laid the table for our meal I included a box of quiz questions from a set my sister had given me for my birthday.
S acted as question master testing our general knowledge.
Name the seven dwarfs was one of the questions. 
'Oh I know these,' S said excitedly.
She began to reel them off but then got stuck on 6.
'Who do you go and see when you don't feel well?' G prompted, helping her towards naming Doc.
'Pharmacy,' she replied.
That had me chuckling to myself whenever I remembered it.

didn't read anyone's posts last week so I shall make my way around during the course of this week and have a good catch up with you all.

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that made me chuckle. S's answer I mean, not your cold! I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many horrible colds etc about this year. It's throats here.
    Hope you recover quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, hope you're feeling much better now, colds are nasty virus's xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That freezing cold then boiling hot thing is horrible. Great answer S !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are much better now Lisa. I so love 'pharmacy' as an answer! Well, we are encouraged to go to the pharmacy as a first port of call these days so S is right! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't had that freezing spell that kills off the bugs! My 3 are all off and it's only the paypacket keeping me from escape. Take care & get better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grumpy, Sleepy and Pharmacy! Love it!!! Hope you feel better soon!!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling much better now! I love the idea of a dwarf called Pharmacy, it was a good guess based on the clue that was given wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colds at any time of year are just Yucky, but there do seem to be quite a few colds and bad coughs going around at the moment. I do hope you are now feeling a lot better.

    I do like your photograph, the colours in the sky are so lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete