Sunday 13 May 2018

James, Fred, Irving and Florence

We've had the chalk out again, this time it was for marking the birth of J.M Barrie on 9th May.
G  drew me a set of fairy wings and a wand so I could pretend to be Tinkerbelle from Peter Pan.



Thursday and Friday were rolled into one with the viewing of a truly dreadful movie called Blue Skies. This movie was selected for Fred Astaire's birthday on 10th and Irving Berlin's birthday on 11th.
Irving Berlin wrote some wonderful songs but the threadbare story which was used to string them together in this film was uninspiring to say the least.



Another birthday for 12th. 
I'm sure you can guess from this photo whose it was.
A lady with a lamp.
Yep, it's Florence Nightingale.


Today is Hummus Day and I had bought the ingredients to try making my own for S and I to have for lunch, but she was invited for a sleepover last night and didn't come home until early afternoon. They will keep and I'll do it another time.

To finish off here is a photo of S after she came home from youth club on Thursday having just become this year's Duck Race Champion.


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear sorry the film was a bit of a flop. Well done to S with her championship win.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a very good Tinkerbelle. I've never heard of Blue Skies though I think I'll give it a miss. Well done to S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to S for her Duck Race Champion win ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete