Thursday 31 May 2018

Rest of May and the Start of June

Paper Airplane Day was last weekend, 26th May to be precise.
S was away on a school trip, having a wonderful in Paris, and so it wasn't until midway through this week we set about playing a target practice game with planes G talked us through folding into shape.



Tuesday was Biscuit Day and so there was only one choice of brooch, it had to be my jammie dodger.



Quite a while ago I found the most perfect accessory to wear to mark the anniversary, of when the Great Clock on the Elizabeth Tower first started to work, 31st May 1859. This was originally a pendant on quite a long chunky chain which I wasn't keen on. I asked G to do a little work on it so I could wear it as a brooch instead. Unfortunately I asked too late and so the brooch back I had stuck on the back didn't have long enough to set. Never mind.


I can't believe we are going to be turning over the calendar to June tomorrow!
In the evening I shall be watching Some Like It Hot for many reasons.
1st June is Marilyn Monroe's birthday, the 3rd June is the birthday of her co-star Tony Curtis and later on in the month, on 22nd, it's the birth date of the film's director Billy Wilder. So that's 3 of June's days in one go.


5 comments:

  1. I love your jammie dodger brooch ! What a great film Some like it Hot is x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jimmy didger (sorry, my autocorrect changed it to that and it was funny so I left it!) is really cute and I liked your idea for the clock! Some like it Hot is a great film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many lovely brooches. It's hard to believe Marilyn would have been 92 today, isn't it? That's the thing when they die young, we remember them as they were and we tend to forget how old they'd be now had they lived. I've just caught up with your last post, how lovely visiting Osborne House, but snug? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the aeroplane game. The brooch is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jammie dodger brooch is great!
    You are doing so well with your days and topics ...

    I couldn't believe, when I got up this morning, it was June!!!
    The year is going by so quickly.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete