Tuesday 1 May 2018

Lei Day




I'm sure you'll agree that grass skirts and plastic coconuts are the most perfect accessories for Lei Day

When I was little the one place in the world I was desperate to visit was Hawaii. As a young man my dad had visited during his time working on cruise ships and he confirmed it was indeed paradise on Earth.
And if I did have any doubts seeing Elvis in Blue Hawaii soon got rid of the these. This is definitely my favourite Elvis movie and I would have watched it this evening but I had to go to S's school for a meeting about her forthcoming trip to Paris.

My final nod to Hawaii was G and S's evening meal of sweet hawaiian chicken in the slow cooker although I only put in the same amount of sugar as soy sauce as half a cup of sugar seemed a little excessive.

4 comments:

  1. G looks very fetching in his grass skirt. I know a couple of people who have been lucky enough to go to Hawaii and they loved it. I bet S is excited about her trip to Paris, it's somewhere I went with school too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you all look brilliant with your Hawaiian accessories! I like the sound of your dinner. You said S and G's dinner so what is your dinner then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you all look good in your Hawaiian outfits and accessories.

    S's trip to Paris sounds great.

    Happy May and Happy Weekend too

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, I loved those Elvis films too x

    ReplyDelete