Thursday 20 April 2017

A Rubbish Challenge

I'm taking part in a challenge set by Alison over at Brocante Home.
The idea is to throw out one thing a day for 90 days.
Always looking for ways which will spur me into being tidier and more organised I thought I'd give it a go.
I decided to start with the chest of drawers in my bedroom.
One drawer a day would just about get me through the first week.
In the first drawer I found a blister pack containing 2 anti-biotics.
Oops I'd obviously missed taking the last day when I had a tooth infection last year, these will be disposed of at the local pharmacy.
Next day I inspected my sock drawer and found one pair which had definitely seen better days and so they went the way of the recycling.
Today two old photo frames which haven't been used for a couple of years and I've been keeping 'just in case' are now sat in a bag ready for the charity shop.
A good start.
Three things found very easily and three drawers looking tidier.
I wonder if I'll manage something for each of the 90 days.
Come back mid July and I'll let you know.


6 comments:

  1. What a good idea, we've done a lot of decluttering this year, I'm sure we still have plenty more around xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I like the idea of keeping a record of what's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good challenge, looking forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting idea! I couldn't do it as I'm really not a hoarder and I'm obsessive about things being neat and organised so never accumulate things and do get rid of things straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that sounds a good idea!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete