Friday 1 September 2017

Wattle It Be?


Today is Wattle Day in Australia.
A day for Australians to show their patriotism for their country by wearing a sprig of the national floral emblem.

According to sources on the web wattle is also known as mimosa.

A Mimosa cocktail is made with champagne and fresh orange juice and most recipes also state a dash of Grand Marnier or triple sec.

Now when I read about this I thought 'hold on a minute I thought that was a Bucks Fizz.'
On doing some further research I found out that a mimosa is made with equal parts champagne and orange juice where as a Bucks Fizz is two parts champagne to one part orange juice.
So now you know.

This evening I have gone for the non alcoholic version and mine contains fizzy lemon and lime and orange juice.

I say mine as it is just me here enjoying a glass tonight.
S is staying with Grandma after having a wonderful day out at Longleat.
G is on a late shift and won't be in for another couple of hours yet.
T isn't here either as yesterday he moved out to live with his boyfriend.
Big news that!
He has been incredibly excited these past few days and very proudly showed us around their flat last night in all it's moving in day chaos.
Huge mixed emotions (for all of us) as I'm sure you can imagine.

If that wasn't enough here is what else is in store for the month of September.
My list so far, which will probably see a couple of changes.

2. Beard Day
3. Merchant Navy Day
4. Mitzi Gaynor's birthday
5. Cheese pizza Day
6. Read a book Day
7. John McEnroe defeated Bjorn Borg in US Open
8. Pink's birthday
9. Teddy Bear Day
10. Grandparents Day
11. Harry Connick Jr's birthday
12. Chocolate milkshake Day
13. Peanut Day
14. Hindu Divas
15. Dot and Grenache Day
16. Gymnastics Day
17. Wife Appreciation Day
18. Cheeseburger Day
19. Talk Like A Pirate Day
20. Punch Day
21. Gratitude Day
22. Ice Cream Cone Day
23. Rabbit Day
24. Linda McCartney's birthday
25. Family Day
26. Batman Day
27. Alvin Stardust's birthday
28. Drink Beer Day
29. Heart Day
30. Mud Pack Day.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is big news - how exciting for T, hope all goes smoothly for him :) though I bet your home is going to feel strange for a while.

    The drink sounds very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What big news for T, although I bet the house feels strangely quiet now. Hopefully he's not too far away so you can visit often. I could use a mimosa right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for T! Wow,he's moved out young! My mum didn't lose me from the house until I was 32 and she moved out when I was 28!!
    I'm most looking forward to Chocolate milkshake day!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exciting for T, hope all goes well for him.
    Like the sound of your drink!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete