Monday 12 March 2012

Without friends...

...there would be no cushion covers.
Let me explain.
My mum has a friend who has a son.
The son had a temporary job in Next a couple of years ago and whilst he was there he was given some curtain fabric samples which were no longer needed. He thought he would make them into something useful, but he never got round to it and during a recent clear out they ended up being passed to my mum.
My sister had a root through and took the ones she liked and I said I would find a home for the rest.
I have a good friend who has really got into sewing in a big way over the past 18 months since she acquired a machine as a present and I thought she might like to do something useful with them.
All of them that is except for two.
There were two I really liked and so when I presented her with the stash of samples I asked would she mind making me two cushion covers, although only whenever it was convenient for her to do so as she is pregnant with her second child and working full time and so has plenty to keep her busy anyway!
In the end they were passed on to her mum to make up for me, who is a real whizz with a sewing machine.

On this plain brown one she reused a couple of the curtain rings and sewed them on by hand using two colours of beige yarn, finishing it off nicely by with a pair of toggle buttons.


The second is grey with tones of blues and the buttons used on the back of this are such a good match and they came from her own button stash.


I consider myself very lucky indeed being able to have such lovely things in our home because of the kindness of others.

6 comments:

  1. Aww! Bless your friends! Such nice colours!
    Have a good week!
    Michela

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're wonderful, such lovely friends too. It's amazing how a couple of new cushions can really brighten up a room, I could do with some new ones myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They made a really good job of them too. You too are a great womble Lisa. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where would we be without friends!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look lovely! I wish I could sew. I'm looking for cushions right now to go with our new curtains!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I am sitting surrounded by curtain fabric remnants with an order for four cushion covers, I am happy just to see some that are complete! Hope mine look half as nice x

    ReplyDelete