Wednesday 8 November 2017

A Wizzard of a Song



Today Mr Wood is 71 years old.

From the first bars of this song I am transported back to my 1970's childhood.
I was mesmerised by the sight of Roy Wood. 
All that hair with it's rainbow of colours.
The glam rock make-up.
He was larger than life.

Then along came I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday and, love it or loathe it, no Christmas compilation CD is complete with out it.
Today I went with this song as the inspiration for my choice of outfit.
I felt a Christmas jumper was probably too much in early November and so went with the more subtle approach of wearing festive colours in red and green especially as I am wearing my poppy this week too.



I did go with these snowflake earrings though, because
when the snowman brings the snow................


I  

4 comments:

  1. I can't think of Wizzard without thinking of I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... for me too when I think of Wizzard ... it's 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day'

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing Wizzard on Top of the Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your earrings and the poppy is lovely! I have a lovely crocheted one too but I need to actually find it and wear it and contribute some money! I only know Wizzard's Christmas song! I'll bet they make a mint out of radio royalties!!!

    ReplyDelete