Monday 13 November 2017

Nov 13

is World Kindness Day.

On two separate occasions during these past couple of weeks we have been lucky enough to benefit from acts of kindness by both sets of  adjoining neighbours.

G and I had bought a new bed and so the old one was broken up and, to get it out of the way, it was taken out to the front garden.
Our neighbour L saw G as he was piling up the rubbish and told him she would put it all in her works van and take it to the local tip for us as she was going to be doing a run there anyway.

Then last week we had problems with our car.
It needed a new battery.
Very kindly T went out to collect a new one for us and then our neighbour V helped G to install it and offered some advice when the darn car still wouldn't work!
The issue is still rumbling along.
I rang the garage where I took the car for it's MOT and was advised to call someone else who 'knows everything there is to know about electrics in cars.'
I spoke to C who was so incredibly helpful on Friday and he gave me some free advice on a possible 'easy quick fix'.
Alas this didn't work so we are now on to the next step.
I'm hoping this one will prove to be successful as although no cheap it's not the possible hundreds of pounds solution either.

To let them know we appreciated their kindness we bought chocolate and beer for our neighbours.

On a different subject
Having car issues to sort today meant G and I couldn't go out for the day as planned so we went to the cinema and saw Murder on the Orient Express. Oh My Word. What an absolute feast for the eyes that was. Watching the trailers I thought just how ridiculous that moustache was on Kenneth Brannagh and I honestly thought I wouldn't see past it, but I can say I completely forgot about it. It is such a beautifully shot movie and there is so much to drink in and enjoy. We both loved it.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have good neighbours, definitely something which shouldn't be taken for granted when you hear about the neighbours from hell that some people end up with. I hope you get your car problems sorted, they can work out to be costly things. We don't go to the cinema very often but Murder on the Orient Express is one film which I'd like to see. I'm glad to hear a good review as Mick's auntie went to see it last week and didn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so good you have such decent neighbours. I hope we have that when we can move. We watched the Albert Finney Murder on the Orient Express on Saturday so I look forward to seeing this new version at one time!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good neighbours can be so wonderful ...
    I do hope your car problems can be sorted in an inexpensive way ...
    I'm waiting to get that film on DVD ...

    Happy Midweek wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, I think Murder O T O E, is possibly the most beautifully shot film I have ever seen! I quite liked the small changes they made to the story too.

    ReplyDelete