Thursday 22 March 2018

Being Happy

Lots of things in my life make me happy.
It goes without saying that top of the list would be my family and my friends, but I thought I would share a photo of something else that makes me happy.

Clothes.
And finding clothes I like, and which fit, at bargain prices.

I realise this may seem a bit shallow.

I have never been a follower of fashion, but over recent years I have begun to enjoy the buying and wearing of clothes more and more.

Finding this outfit made me happy.
Both items were purchased at an end of season £1 clearance in a Cancer Research charity shop.
The skirt is clearly mis-labelled as it states it's a 12 and yet it fits me.
A new outfit consisting of a gorgeous book patterned skirt, with a pretty plain top to team it with and £2 donated to a great charity.
What's not to love.


For World Poetry Day I shall share a poem I first read in a magazine over 20 years ago, I cut it out and pasted into a scrapbook which I still have.


I wanna be your vacuum cleaner

breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford Cortina
I will never rust
If you like your coffee hot
let me be your coffee pot

You call the shots

I wanna be yours

I wanna be your raincoat
for those frequent rainy days

I wanna be your dreamboat
when you want to sail away
Let me be your teddy bear
take me with you anywhere
I don’t care
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your electric meter

I will not run out
I wanna be the electric heater
you’ll get cold without

I wanna be your setting lotion
hold your hair in deep devotion
Deep as the deep Atlantic ocean
that’s how deep is my devotion


John Cooper Clarke


Today is As Young As You Feel Day which seeing as I'm doing this year of celebrations because I'm coming up to the big five-O is quite fitting!

Being a huge Marilyn Monroe fan this evening I shall be watching the movie As Young as You Feel  MM doesn't have a huge role in it and it was never going to be a movie to win any awards but it's just the kind of nonsense which helps to while away the time spent at the ironing board.



6 comments:

  1. I love the print on that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, you got the Joanie skirt in a charity shop! That's amazing as they were a sell out!! I know what you mean about clothes making you happy. I get the same and yet I do worry about it seeming/being shallow.
    There's something wonderful about finding a Bargainous piece you love though! I received a parcel yesterday of a navy blue Run&Fly dress with music print on it which I've loved for ages! I was happy to get it on Depop for £10 as they usually sell for more, even if Second Hand.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt, so quirky. Hope Marilyn helped pass the time whilst you ironed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that's a good film. Another MM fan here :O)
    That skirt is just too cute, and what a fantastic find!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book print skirt is fun! Great quirky poem too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of that skirt!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete