Sunday 4 March 2018

You Drove Me Crazy


Back in the 1980s I was madly in love with Shakin Stevens.
His show was the first live music act I ever saw.
I think I was 15 at the time.
I remember a lot of people at school laughed at me for wanting to see him, but I didn't care one bit.

Today is Shaky's 70th birthday.
Shaky rocked the double denim look so this had to be my clothing choice for having the photo taken.
S saw me put the jacket on and asked 'Where are you going?'
Quick as a flash G replied 'Back to the 1980s!'

I can't tell you how many photos G took of me as I wobbled around the lounge trying to get 'that' Shaky pose just right, it was a sight to see I can promise you.

Now I'm off to relive my early teenage years and watch Shaky in action on you tube.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I like G's reply. If only. I'm afraid I wasn't a Shaky fan at all but I can't believe he's 70, where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect Shaky pose! Blimey. 70. My mum loved him, she was always putting his music on. Now I can't even think of putting the collar up on my denim jacket because of him!!

    great photo! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you've still got the moves girl. I have to say though I didn't know he was a few months older than me!! That is a surprise. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant!!! You look so cool as Shaky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he is 70 !!!
    I agree with Kezzie you look cool as Shaky!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete