Tuesday 6 March 2018

Frozen Food

Frozen Food day is exactly what it says on the tin.
Though I suppose it would be more fitting to say box or packet rather than tin in this instance.

Given that Clarence Birdseye was so instrumental in the development of frozen food I suppose we should have gone for fish fingers for our evening meal, but instead I have turned to Aunt Bessie for assistance.

We have another one of our family therapy sessions tonight and I need something easy to prepare. It can be quite a quick turnaround time wise from when we are all home from work and school to when we need to be on our way out the door again.
Served up with mash, peas, sweetcorn and carrots I know it will be enjoyed and a fuss free meal.

I know that Toad in the Hole is a pretty quick dish to cook from scratch but sometimes a-take-it-out-the-box-and-throw-it-in-the-oven meal is what's needed and who am I to argue with frozen food day?




Staying with the food theme let me round off this post with what should have happened on Friday evening.

Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr Seuss, was born on 2nd March 1904.

G spent many happy hours reading these stories to the children and as a family we would enjoy watching the Cat in the Hat movie.

My plan was to layer strawberry jelly and vanilla yogurt in glass dishes as a nod to the Cat's stripy hat but, as I previously posted, S was sick at the tail end of the week and so this kind of food was best avoided.

Instead they were eaten last night, not in the intended layered way, but they were enjoyed nonetheless.


5 comments:

  1. I hope S is fully recovered now. Toad in the hole is a favourite here, well it would be here in Yorkshire. Hope the session goes well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My class at school had a Dr Seuss themed day today (it was, believe it or not, the first time I've heard the story of the cat in the hat, I've never read any Seuss books!). It was our world book day, moved from Thursday when we were closed due to the snow. Great to have a break from the usual education routine and have an easy, fun day!

    I had no idea there was such a thing as frozen food day! There must be a day for absolutely everything now!

    Thanks for your recent comments by the way and sorry for my lack of commenting of late... house + life is making me tired and I've been favouring reading time over reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I like Toad in the Hole but I NEVER eat it!! The cat in the hat idea was a,great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the veggie toad nice? I always look at it but sometimes veggie sausages aren't that good. I have at least a couple of meat free days a week so always have something in the freezer.

    I never knew there was a frozen food day! Honestly, there is a day for everything these days!!

    Love the idea of a cat in the hat pud! You are so creative. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my Dr Seuss books from when I was little, loved The Cat in the Hat x

    ReplyDelete