Friday 9 March 2018

I'm a Barbie Girl

Well actually I was a Sindy girl when I was younger, but it's Barbie's birthday today and she's one who got a song named after her.

Did you know that Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts?
No neither did I.

Did anyone see this documentary last year by the brilliant Mary Portas?
If it's on again I recommend watching it.

Barbie has the most extensive wardrobe of any woman on the planet ever so of course I went with clothing option.
Barbie's first outfit was a black and white striped swimsuit and one of the accessories she had to go with this was a pair sunglasses.
So my stripy top with sunglasses brooch were an ideal pairing.


Of course I couldn't not include a splash of Barbie pink somewhere, so tucked round my neck keeping the chill at bay as I walked to work, was this scarf with it's multiple shades of pink.

6 comments:

  1. I never had a Barbie doll, I had Sindy too. I also had Pippa dolls and Carrie dolls, do you remember those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my Pippa dolls, I wish I still had them. I don't remember Carrie dolls though. I shall have to google them.
      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. My daughter had Barbie. I had Tressy with the hole in her head to grow long hair, loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Sindy girl too!
    Our grand-daughter just loves Barbie.

    Have a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have Barbie, I had Sindy. I wanted her because she had dark hair. Oh yes, Jo, I had Pippa dolls too! I loved those, it was the shoes. Those tiny pink shoes, I loved them.
    Violet had millions of wretched Barbie dolls over the years. Even though she has the most fabulous shoes, I'm still not a fan. Though I did like the Barbie I can Be range. Anything that tells girls they can be or do whatever they want is fine by me. Choices. Everyone has the right to have them.

    Love your sunglasses brooch! Fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had 3 Barbies, 1 Sindy and 1 Tammy (belonged to my Step Mum) and a whole host of knitted clothes made by my Step Mum's Mum. I only got to play with them at my Dad's where they lived. I played with them till I was about 13-14! My favourite Barbie looked like Kim Basinger who I adored!

    ReplyDelete