Wednesday 7 March 2018

Secret Cereal


Here we have my best girl and the cheesy biscuits we made together this evening to celebrate Cereal Day.

Not the most obvious choice to go with for cereal day I grant you, but these cheese biscuits contain crushed Rice Krispies.

For 14 biscuits you will need
25g Rice Krispies
70g plain flour
50g unsalted butter
115g grated cheddar
large pinch of cayenne pepper

Preheat the oven to 190c, fan to 170c or gas 5.
Crush the cereal with the end of a rolling pin. S was very happy to do that bit!
Rub butter into flour to make fine breadcrumbs.
Mix in cheese, crushed cereal and cayenne.
Shape into 14 balls and place on a greased tray, pressing down on each with a fork.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Were they nice? I might have a go at these, Eleanor loves anything cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really nice Jo, a nice crisp texture to them
      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. I’ve only used Rice Krispies with chocolate, I quite fancy trying these, look tasty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also only used Rice Krispies with chocolate, so this takes a bit of getting my head around. But, crunchy and cheesy, what's not to like! Yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love using cheese in recipes ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete