Monday 20 September 2010

weekend

I can't believe it's Monday already. The weekend sped by and I don't feel like we did much or got anything accomplished. Saturday morning S had a party to go to. It was a 'Spa Soiree' and she had to go dressed in PJ'sand slippers. A roomful of girls painting glittery nail varnish over their toes, craft makes with lots of glittery and to top it off glittery hairspray. She loved it! G went off to London to the O2 for the Ozfest and arrvied home very tired but very happy in the early hours of Sunday after listening to, amongt others, Korn and Ozzy Osbourne.

Yesterday we did do one thing which was interesting. We went to a couple of homes near us which were open as part of the transition southampton groups open weekend. Finding out what others have done to their homes and having a chat and sharing experiences and info with them and other guests was great. At one home we were given homemade scones and rowan jam and hawthorn jam to try with them. T very thoughtfully suggested we send postcards to those we visited to say thank you for having us.
So even though that part of the day was good it was sandwiched between trips to car sales places as we need to buy a new (to us) car. Oh it's so boring, but necessary. I hope we find something soon and so we can do something more entertaining with our free time.



6 comments:

  1. I love that open homes idea! Good luck with finding a car..hope it doesn't take too long. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that looking for a car is the most boring thing on earth EVER!!! Great idea about the open homes - especially for a nosey poke like me!! Loving the idea of a Spa for S - I bet it was a right laugh!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa
    Thanks for the comment. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the preserves. Love your posts about the eco gardening. I am going to show DH them ready for next year.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, I love looking around homes!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete