Friday 22 January 2016

Kindness

One evening last week I came home from work after a really rotten day.
When you work in a doctor's surgery you don't always see the best from people.
Sometimes they come in and they anxious about their, or a loved ones, health and they can be a bit short with you because their minds are occupied with concern.
You don't take it personally, some people are dealing with a lot.
But some people think the way to get things done is to bully you and this was the very unpleasant behaviour I had been subject to that day.
I couldn't wait to get home and shrug of the way I was feeling.
Once home there was something which turned my day around in an instant.
Inside a little padded envelope was a little box and inside the little box was the cutest little brooch.
Not just any brooch.
A brooch which had been made just for me.
Someone had taken the time to make me something they knew I would love.
That someone is Kezzie.
If you aren't familiar with Kezzie's blog then please do pop over and have a browse, you'll be dazzled by her extensive range of brooches and hats, her outfit combos with an inspired hint of Doctor Who about them, her enthusiasm for being a music teacher and her zest for grabbing any and every opportunity which comes her way.


Thank you Kezzie. I absolutely love my cherry decorated teacup and saucer, it's perfect.

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely post to read ... it's Friday lunch-time and I've been catching up on reading ... it's made my lunch-time very special.
    Thank you for sharing "Kindness" and I will go and have a look at Kezzie's blog a little later.

    I hope today is being a good day for you, and have a great weekend too

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for your "find" when you got home from a busy day. My SIL is an oral surgeon, daughter is a nurse, so I understand your work situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. Some people are just so thoughtful, aren't they? Kezzie must know you well because that brooch is so you, absolutely lovely. Hope you've had a better day at work today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked it and it arrived at a time where you needed a boost!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little kindness goes a long way doesn't it? I am glad that Kezzie's thoughtful gift cheered you up. I hope you have a less stressful time at work next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!! How great too that it arrived on just the day that you needed it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good when a little happy thing brightens an otherwise grey looking day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea Lisa and I'm sure you will love wearing it.

    ReplyDelete