Saturday 10 February 2018

A Day For All....

....to join in with.
Whether you realise it or not, thanks to the weather today you'll be joining in with celebrating Umbrella Day.


Loved this little idea on Pinterest so made sure there were Babybels available as an addition to lunch today.

Whilst on the subject on brollies, I was thrilled to find a clear domed umbrella in one of the multitude of pound shops when in town last week before our music event.
I have been wanting to use one as a decoration at Easter time after being inspired by this image on Pinterest.
The idea was originally used for a bridal shower, but the pale pastels reminded me of Easter and seeing as Easter Sunday is on 1st April, the month for showers, I am looking forward to cobbling together something especially if we have another family afternoon like last year.


4 comments:

  1. The Babybel brolly is so cute! I am sure umbrellas have a multitude of uses! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always inspired by your 'finds'. Particularly your CS ones. Well on our return from a weekend in Skipton I found what must be my all time bargain. I have been hanging my nose over some Fly London boots, as my good old boots have finally given up after Over 20 years! DH gave me some money for my birthday and I have been squirrelling away £1 a day since then to buy some. The cheapest I could find anywhere were a whopping £94. Well in a CS in Wetherby on the way home I picked up a brand new pair, right colour, right size for only £15! I'm sure I would never have thought of looking for something like this without hearing of your bargains. So thank you Lisa and I do hope you use the umbrella, will be lovely to see how you decorate yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such fun and I love the bridal shower umbrella. When my daughter and I were in London before Christmas, we were in Selfridges when there was a performance with Santa and lots of dancers. It finished with a huge ball of shiny confetti showering down from the top floor onto the bottom floor where there was a bar with people drinking champagne. They all had clear umbrellas open as the confetti showered down. It was spectacular X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, cute Baby Bel! I am still v cross with CBC because I bought a beatiful red wooden handled umbrella in the charity shop which I used for my Clara outfit cosplay and the idiot left it on a bus!!

    ReplyDelete