Monday 12 February 2018

Mary and Munch

Two days worth here.

Yesterday was Mary Quant's birthday.
She of the hot pant and mini skirt fashion world.

Given my legs the most elegant way for me to mark the day was with a piece of jewellery.

The five petal daisy is instantly recognisable as Quant's logo and when I saw this necklace at a car boot last year I snapped it up in readiness.


Clicking on this link will take you through to the BBC website and details of when on 12 Feb 1994 the Scream by Edvard Munch was stolen from an art gallery in Oslo.

Here are G and I doing our best to replicate the painting and also probably the look of horror on the face of the director of the museum on being told about the theft.


5 comments:

  1. Love your the scream impressions, that really made me smile 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Mary Quant clothes. My friend and I used to try to copy them, cos of course there was no way we could afford to buy them! Love your impressions. I'm still smiling now( or should that be screaming with laughter) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do make me laugh with the ideas you come up with, great impressions. I love that daisy necklace, that is so Mary Quant and the perfect way to mark her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your screams!!! These are such fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete