Thursday 1 February 2018

Back to It


As of today I'm attempting to start again with my birthday year of activities.

It was a good way to begin again as 1st February is Hollywood heart throb Clark Gable's birthday which meant watching a movie I have never seen before.
It Happened One Night is a romantic comedy which won 5 Oscars in 1934, including one each for it's leading stars, today's birthday boy and Claudette Colbert.

It was an absolute treat to watch and I know it's one I will happily watch again. 
Do yourself a favour and settle on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon and be spirited away on a greyhound bus as the love story between this pair unfolds.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,I love what you find. I haven't seen this film either, it sounds like perfect me time watching. My late father in law was the image of Clark Gable so your picture was almost like looking at a photo of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please post a picture of your blog, it would be great to see!
      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen It Happened One Night, I shall have to look that one up. I loved Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind, one of my favourite films. I enjoyed seeing the gifts you bought for your sisters in your last post, I don't think the candlestick would have made it in the present pile if it were me and I love the mint sauce set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good Jo, definitely keep an eye out for it.
      Caroline really loved the mint sauce set, you should see what they are asking for them on ebay!
      Lisa x

      Delete
  3. I love that film. Although I think my favorite film of hers is Three Came Back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, I shall investigate that one.
      Lisa x

      Delete