Monday 3 October 2011

Kitchen Shelf

As part of the ongoing plan to use the kitchen cupboards to best food storage advantage and so cut down on shopping trips and hopefully save money, I thought it would be a good idea to have a place when all the sauces and spreads that are used on a very frequent basis are kept. I like the idea of open kitchen shelving so thought a little shelf was the way to go.
My sister found a brand new pine shelf for £3 at a car boot a couple of months ago which fitted the bill.
I wasn't sure which colour to paint it and so it just sat around getting in the way and annoying me because I wanted to use it but wasn't sure what to do with it exactly. Then when I spotted a sheet of strawberry patterned gift wrap in the Phoenix catalogue it all fell into place.
The paper was used to line the back and the bottom of the shelves and the rest was painted in a shade called Flagon. This was a tester pot I had bought a while ago when I was considering which colour to paint the dresser.
Yesterday G fixed it to the wall and so now at long last it's up and being used. Just the rest of the kitchen to sort now then!


It's a good home for my latest TK Maxx purchase. The heart patterned salt cellar, so cute.

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea....I always love all their designs...the shelves look wonderful!
    BARGAIN!!!!
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cute! Glad you have made a start in your kitchen! I am ignoring mine right now! lol.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks brilliant, I love the strawberry patterned paper. I'm just catching up on your weekend, the trip to the beach looks wonderful, I'm sure a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like!
    Will have to go & google the pheonix catalogue though...

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so effective. I spy a red spotty jar that would go well in my kitchen. I've got far too many red spotty things ...it's an obsession!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!

    And Marmite is at the front! Hurrah for a Marmite-eating family!! :-D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, it's so cute and practical. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you like the paper. I designed it for Phoenix. Can I put a link to your post on my blog and facebook page as it's always nice to see the creative ways people use the designs?c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love that strawberry wrapping paper - so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea! I love open shelving. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shelf looks so tidy and neat..we could never afford something like that at my place since my mum tends to leave even the cupboard open! LOL!
    Thank you for your lovely wishes on your last email
    I do hope T has fun on his school trip!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great Lisa. I too spend too much money in the supermarket (and TK MAXX!!!) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete