Wednesday 26 October 2011

Pre-Occupied

About 6 months ago it was announced that the office I worked in would be closing as part of some government spending cuts. There has been an awful lot of uncertainty surrounding my job. I have been one of the lucky ones and have been redeployed to another office. Leaving the team I have worked with for a long time was quite a sad day. Last week I started at the new office. It's bound to be a bit bumpy at first as I get used to new colleagues and they get used to me, it's been kind of first day of school nerves. The whole change of workplace and people has been one big issue which has been preoccupying my mind this past month or so.

Yesterday I explored the area around my new place of work and found 6 charity shops. A plus point if ever there was one.
A couple of items came home with me, the best buy being this Pyrex dish for £1.99.



It was my sister's birthday on Monday and after she had waded through opening all her presents and before we had a late lunch we had a little browse around a couple of pretty shops. I bought this for my mum and she bought one for me. I just love the little sprig of holly and look forward to when I get to hang it up in our home.





19 comments:

  1. good luck with the job lisa.....sounds nerve wracking changing jobs.....just had a good catch up with your posts...love g in that outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything's going well at the new office. The Christmas sign is lovely, it won't be long until you can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you soon settle into your new environment. It's not nice being the newby, but at least you have a job and the charity shops are a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a bonus to have some thrifty distractions nearby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a big wrench leaving your colleagues and starting somewhere new. Hope it all goes well!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unsettling but good to have a good look around ! Gd luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your job,'m sure you won't have any problem with your new colleague since you're such a lovely and friendly lady!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the change!! Who knows who you might meet, or what adventures you might have! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get settled in your new job soon. The charity shops are certainly a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in your new office. Looks like you will have some happy shopping near by. You have done well already. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always unsettling when they have 'restructured' at work. I am sure that your bubbly personality will see you through ok. How lovely to find a distraction through your favourite kinds of shops! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa, Ive been away for the week. Hope everything goes well with your new job. I love the way you have looked for the positives - and 6 charity shops has to be the best!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phew I am glad about your job Lisa - but it is all very jittery settling into a new office culture and working out whats what. Hope you have a lovely weekend re-charging batteries,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you settle in with your new job soon - it's never nice having an unlooked-for upheaval, but good that you were able to relocate. I love the flowery Pyrex - really pretty!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love pyrex dishes... so handy for the kitchen!

    I hope you settle into the new job soon... enjoy the charity shops on your lunch break!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! Hope the rest of your week has gone well? I didn't get the job, so I'm back to ordinary life; house work and blogging. Keep us informed as to how well you settle down & good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mixed blessings for you...
    Job but new workplace, I'd be in a tizzle too.
    However I have a feeling that you will be absolutley fine & I am sending you positive vibes your way...

    Big Hugs

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope all is going ok with the new job Lisa! :0)

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are settling in to your new place of work.I know where you'll be going in your lunch break! I'm trying not to think about Christmas yet,but it's hard when all the shops have their stocks in already! Have a good week :0)

    ReplyDelete