Wednesday, 12 October 2011

More Ho Hum Than Ho Ho Ho

As well as spending time in Blogland I also like to visit Pinterest. I have pinned so many craft ideas I'd like to try and as a lot of those are Christmas orientated I thought I should crack on and start having a go at some of them.
So last night I set about making a Santa sweetie jar like these at www.juliecasedesigns.typepad.com/julie_case_designs/christmas_/, except mine is using an old Sainsbury's pasta sauce bottle.


I'm not happy with the gold buckle, it definitely needs to be black like the original, but I couldn't find any black card last night, but then that's what doing a practise is for, finding out what works and what doesn't!
I'll top them off with a piece of red felt and then add a handmade tag.
I'm only going to make a couple of these, one each for G's dad and brother. Full up with Christmas chocolate these can be part of their gift from the children.

11 comments:

VintageVicki said...

That idea has great potential :)

Kathy said...

Good for you, actually making something you've pinned! My boards are full of lovely things that I'll never get round to making!
xxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Excellent idea, Lisa. I noticed that you read Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunnant last year. I've just finished reading it. Didn't like it much, very slow going.

BadPenny said...

Love it. One year I did ( empty ) lemonade bottles which have ceramic stoppers filled with bubble bath & home made lables.

Catherine said...

I love the way this sweetie jar looks like Santa's swollen belly!!

bellaboo said...

Love it! I've decided to make a lot of my Xmas presents this year as money is tight,so I'll be watching out for more ideas! :0)

Diane said...

These are lovely! I had a look at Pinterest, but got slightly overwhelmed by it! xxxx

Jo said...

What a great idea. I daren't look at Pinterest, I know I'll waste more hours on there than I already do bloghopping and I don't have the time to get hooked on something else.

sarah-jane down the lane said...

What fun! You have given me a little kick, which I need if I am ever to get cards made and presies sewn!

Sarah x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

******PLEASE CHECK MY BLOG, SWAP PARTNERS ANNOUNCED*****

Cute idea, I must address some of the pins on my board before they spiral completely out of control!

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa

Wow, swap partners. I hope I get it right ;) Best swot up on your likes and dislikes

Michelle x