Monday 21 August 2017

100 metres


'I find there's nothing better than starting your day off with a good run' is a sentence I have never uttered in my life before.
Nor is it one I am likely to be saying.

I'm not sure why I thought choosing Usain Bolt's birthday for today was the way to go but it certainly gave me and G a laugh this morning and having a bit of fun is what my year is all about.
G helped me mark out 100 metres in the long cutway behind our home, timed me running that distance and then acted as photographer as I did the Bolt pose.

I would also like to thank the neighbour who had thoughtfully painted their garden fence green so I was able to include the black, green and gold of Jamaica into the scene.

'Now for a sit down and a cup of tea' that's a sentence which is much more like my kind of thing.

5 comments:

  1. Well done you, a well deserved cup of tea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, a sit down and a cup of tea is much more my thing too. Well done for giving it a go though, that's 100m more than me that you've run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love it! I can get on board with your last sentence but definitely not the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got the Bolt pose right!

    I'm more of an enjoy a walk person and as soon as I get in the kettle is on for a refreshing cup of tea!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so game for this challenge I too would never utter those words!!

    ReplyDelete