Tuesday 15 August 2017

Another Outfit and Some Shopping

They'll be having a good old knees up in Liechtenstein today celebrating their National Day with food, drink and a fun fair.
The flag was my inspiration for another outfit, nice and easy on what was supposed to be a work day.



As it turns out there was no work for me today, I needed to be at home as part of the school hols.
Up bright and early S and I took ourselves into town. We started by stopping for breakfast and then it was on to the annual task of school uniform shopping. It was completed in double quick time as just one new skirt and two new shirts were needed.


Seeing as I'm in shopping mode today I thought I'd post some photos taken on our break and mostly in Amsterdam of all things retail which caught my eye.

As sign on the outside of a shop.



A cute little saying in the window of a shop selling very smart raincoats.



I liked the splash of red.



A sign which made us smile.


This is a toy shop in Haarlem. One entrance for adults and one for children.



C&A has long since disappeared from our high street but is still to be seen in it's home country.



S wanted a break from all the walking when she spotted a Primark and I was very taken with the pretty interior decoration.



A stylish motif on the window of a vintage store.




Barbie sat inside a clog in the window of a shoe repair shop.




A huge wooden pair of glasses hanging in the window of an opticians.




We spent hardly any time going into shops as there was so much to see but there was one which I couldn't resist. Called Dille & Kamille (which translates as Dill & Chamomile) they are a homewares and gift shop. Stach are a chain of food shops and they sell the biggest and most scrumptious looking meringues. 
Having Stach meringues on display with Dill & Kamille goods made a very attractive sight.


6 comments:

  1. Aah C&A - a blast from the past. My first ever proper grown up outfit was from there c.1975 - a red patterned dress with red footless tights. I thought I was the bees knees at age 12ish in that. I love the toy shop entrance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to take a photo of C&A as my mum worked for them many moons ago. You must have loved that outfit to remember it even now.
      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. You must have hundreds of pairs of earrings, you always seem to have the perfect ones to go with any outfit and for any occasion. I miss all the old stores which have disappeared over the years, including C&A, I didn't realise they were still trading at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shop windows. I like the two sized doors x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would 'need' to take the meringue home with me! I bought a fluffy jacket in C&A 44 years for a primary school party. I had loads of my fashion clothes bought from C&A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super post, lovely to see all of your photo's.
    Sometimes shop windows and displays are just so good and interesting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete