Friday 4 August 2017

Cheers

I thought G would like to do the honours today.
After all International Beer Day is much more up his street than mine.
He was more than happy to take part and indulge in a bottle of beer this evening.



In other news, I have been lucky enough to receive some lovely things in the post recently.
The first was a parcel from Kezzie
It was a delightful surprise not least because it contained 2 more books by Jacqueline Winspear featuring her 1920's super sleuth Maisie Dobbs. The third book Kezzie sent because she had enjoyed it so much and thought I may do too. It's the Diary of a Provincial Lady and has the prettiest of covers. The final item is the sheep wreath which Kezzie bought with the seasonal changing of my mantle-piece in mind. So very thoughtful. Thanks again Kezzie.



My second piece of post was an envelope of hand made loveliness from Simone at Linden Grove. I was the lucky winner of her recent 1000th post giveaway. Simone is multi talented when it come paper crafting and that can easily be seen here in the wonderful array of goodies she sent me.
S has her eye on the wish bracelet and I shall be saving those gift tags for some very special presents. Thank you Simone.



The kindness and generosity of bloggers never ceases to amaze me.

6 comments:

  1. Happy International Beer Day to you, cheers. I've just told Mick what day it is, he'd have been very happy to indulge but he's got to go and pick Eleanor up when she finishes work at 11.30 so there's no beer for him. What lovely post, I haven't heard of any of those books, I agree about the cover of The Diary of a Provincial Lady being pretty. Eleanor had some of those wish bracelets, she wore them for ages before they wore through. I never did ask her if her wishes came true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a new craft brewery open in the village open just in time for National beer day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogland as I call it, can be such a great place.
    Those are lovely gifts to receive Lisa.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will adore the Diary of a Provincial Lady, it is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked them! I'm very much enjoying your regular posting and challenges!!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mention Lisa! You received some lovely books too! x

    ReplyDelete