Monday 28 August 2017

Bats and Bows

27th August 2008 was the day my wonderful dad passed away.
For the past couple of years on this date (and also in February on dad's birthday) my sisters and I have met up for breakfast.
This is exactly what we did yesterday morning before going to the church with some flowers.

I had planned to sit down in the evening and cut out some bats in a super duper effort to be organised for Halloween as it was bat night but as the day went on I began feeling more and more melancholic and it just didn't happen.
Never mind, still plenty of time to get organised.

Today I have raided my daughter's jewellery collection for the perfect accessory to wear for bow tie day.




Very happy to wear this today because as any self respecting Dr Who fan knows Bow Ties Are Cool.



5 comments:

  1. These anniversaries come round all too often but I hope you and your sisters could remember your dad with a smile. I think going out for breakfast together is a lovely thing to do. I stopped watching Dr Who when Matt Smith took over, I didn't like him in the role at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bow ties are cool :)

    I think it's lovely that you are able to come together and remember your dad together each year. Many people would have let life get in the way after the first year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a nice thing to do to think about your Dad and remember him in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you felt melancholic, good to remember your beloved Dad.
    Bowties are cool! That is an excellent necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it nice that you and your sisters get-together like this.

    Bow ties are definitely cool.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete