Friday 27 October 2017

A Day For Malcolm

I can't tell you how chuffed I was when at a Sunday car boot sale a couple of months back I found this little felt finger puppet.
I bought the cat, a lion and Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
They were all in their original packaging and cost 30p for the lot.
I passed Goldilocks and the Bears on to a friend who teaches Reception aged children so they have gone to good home.

With a clasp glued to the back he became the perfect brooch accessory for black cat day.




Malcolm may not be a totally black cat but I couldn't let the day pass without including a photo of him and Melvin.


Yesterday  I blogged about my attempt at baking a pumpkin pie. I am pleased to report that it was delicious. When I opened the tin of puree there was certainly a vegetabley aroma about it but this turned into a very subtle taste once the sugar and spice was added. 
I would say if you've ever wondered what it's like then definitely give it a whirl.


8 comments:

  1. I wish I'd known it was Black Cat Day sooner! I had no idea. But since finding out, I have been making a big fuss of Henry Nuno McGinty.

    I'm not sure he's pleased about it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he has been enjoying the extra fuss, they just don't always let on such is their aloof nature at times!
      Pop it on the calendar for next year and maybe HNM can have a whole day of fuss and treats.
      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. Although I am American I am NOT. Pumpkin pie fan....I do use purée for cooking, too. Try pumpkin bread ( moist and cakes) or better yet, pumpkin roll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations. I did buy 2 cans of the puree and will be trying another recipe out, just haven't decided which one as yet.
      Lisa x

      Delete
  3. Awww, I always love to see photos of Malcolm and Melvin, such handsome boys. Well done with the pumpkin pie, I must say it does look delicious so I'm glad it tasted good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, We think they ar a handsome pair but then w are biased!
      Lisa x

      Delete
  4. That brooch is so cute - and nice to see photographs of Malcolm and Melvin.

    Your piece of pie looks delicious.

    Have a lovely weekend, and don't forget to alter the clocks!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brooch is a cute idea! I did the same with a Stegosaurus finger puppet too a while back! I also have a jar of Pumpkin puree in the cupboard- Hmmmm, do you think I could use it in soup as I just don't think i could bring myself to make it sweet!!x

    ReplyDelete