Saturday 21 October 2017

On the Button

One of the more unusual days is Count Your Buttons Day.
I haven't counted mine but


I have sorted out a handful in black, white and grey which I am going to use in a little craft project. I will share it with you once it's been completed.


To be honest these are the kind of buttons which I would prefer to count.
Count them as I eat them that is.



The 21st is also Apple Day and so I have made a couple of rosy red apple tea light holders. 
I saw this idea a few years ago in, I think, a Christmas edition of Country Living magazine and I liked the simplicity of it.


5 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I like chocolate buttons too, but I like the other sort too. I love nothing more than a good rummage in a button tin, so many treasures. The apple tea light holders are such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count your buttons.... how long do we have? Excited to see what you are making with your buttons, I’m working with buttons on my Christmas cards today. I’m a milkybar buttons girl! LoVe your tea light holder really sweet idea. Nice to hear you also enjoyed “The Trouble with Harry”. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for a tin of buttons! And chocolate ones too! They are tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh buttons ... brings back happy memories of my dear Mum. She loved knitting and sewing and had this wonderful tin full of all sorts of sizes and coloured buttons.

    Apple Day is a good day and there are many events around to celebrate it.

    Hope you are feeling better and refreshed now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tealight holders look great Lisa! x

    ReplyDelete