Wednesday 16 March 2011

Supersize me

Well not actually me.
Just this dress.
I found this in the charity shop I volunteer in on a Wednesday morning.
Isn't it just the cutest little dress?
I want one in this style and in this fabric and I want it now thank you very much.


Look at this lovely close up of the pattern.
How beautiful are those roses?
If I could swoon, I would.

I'm not sure how old it is.
The dress has a stain on it and has a smell about it too, like it's been stored for a long time. It needs a soak in some gentle non-bio washing powder.
The label has yellowed over time and I can't read the make properly as it's a bit torn, something like Prava or Proma?
It states it's for a 7-8 year old but I think S would struggle to get it to fit her at 6.
The instructions on the back read
WASH IN WARM SUDS
DO NOT WRING
IRON WITH A MODERATE IRON
WHILE SLIGHTLY AND EVENLY DAMP.
I love the suds bit and the very precise state it needs to be in for ironing.

9 comments:

  1. It is indeed cute.From the 50's maybe? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a gorgeous dress, and yes, I love the laundry instructions :-)
    Will you use the fabric to create something else?
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. So you are a Wednesday morning girl... me - I'm Tuesday afternoons ! I tore out a label for a recycling garment which said...crimplene ...classic !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she would look ADORABLE in it!

    Maybe it could turn into an apron??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I remember some little dresses from when I was a child, they don't make them like they used to nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like something I would have been dressed in in the early 60's - its lovely. Would it convert into a skirt? Bring it along on Saturday and i'll have a look at it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isnt that fabric just gorgeous!!! You do find some good bargains!
    The laundry instructions make you yearn for a simpler, less complicated life - where there was time to hand wash in suds and then line dry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a dream dress! Very Mad Men (do you watch that program?)! I have never found a vintage dress that is my size. It makes me ever so sad! One day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder whether the sixties? Maybe possible to tell by the look/design of the label? If I could reduce my hours considerably at work, I would love to volunteer in a charity shop for a day. x

    ReplyDelete